2023 Midwest and Great Plains Network Conference
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI)
Tuesday June 6-Thursday June 8, 2023
2023 Main folder with workshop materials
Keynote Address: Ryan D.P. Dunk, PhD
“Teaching Socially Relevant Topics in the Undergraduate Biology Classroom”
Postdoctoral Scholar, Biological Sciences
June 6-8 Interactive Sessions
- Making Classrooms Inclusive: Measuring Students’ Perceptions of Inclusion and Implementing Strategies
- Using Creative Problem Solving and Facilitated Leadership
- Departmental Transformation Sessions – Leading and Facilitating Departmental Change
- Course-based strategies for nurturing students’ well-being
- Assessment Using BioMAPS
- Revealing and Improving Student Competence through Analysis and Graphing of Biological Data
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity in Your Programs
- Creation of Action Plans Addressing Departmental Change
2023 Conference Goals:
- Convey strategies for facilitating departmental discussions on curricular change.
- Assess the alignment of your curriculum with PULSE Vision & Change core concepts and competencies.
- Engage with the PULSE Rubrics to identify program strengths and identify areas that need attention.
- Develop departmental action plans aligned with PULSE Vision & Change principles.
- Foster diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategies in teaching and within departmental change efforts.
- Identify talents, expertise, support in the Midwest Great Plains region, and foster a supportive community of practice for maintaining and growing the network.
- Gain information about PULSE resources (Ambassadors, recognition, rubrics).
- Enhance undergraduate life sciences education.
Logistics – Travel and Hotel Information
The PULSE Midwest and Great Plains Regional Network is supported by NSF award #1730553 from the National Science Foundation